View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

I know deleting emissions systems is a "touchy subject". Some are "hard over against it" and some are "hard over protecting the right to do it". We were in Palmdale/Lancaster last year, a return trip to where we lived in the early 70's. Back then (the 70's) every morning we'd watch the smog cloud rise over the southern mountains as the LA traffic snarled to a halt. This past summer, the sky was clear, no smog and all the traffic reports indicated the traffic was as bad or worse than ever... So, all that "smog crap" must be doing something to help the cloud that used to be there and isn't any longer.....

We didn't have the time to go into LA and I'm not sure if that's a blessing or a missed opportunity, but that's another story.

I suppose, as the earth population grows, so does the need to restrict what we do to "dirty the air we breathe"... Like you, I can't imagine the regulations will ever become less restrictive. I'd guess "tomorrow's vehicles" will be even "cleaner than today's vehicles".

As for "exemptions for diesel engines" even the newer diesel tractors are using DEF and require ULS diesel fuel. They are never on the public roads.... I heard a rumor that the new lawn mowers, 3.5HP or greater will have more restrictive emissions and noise standards.... Try finding a 2 cycle outboard on the "new, still crated warehouse".... The world, she is a changin'

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote