View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Ruff Rider View Post
I check my tire pressures before I leave on my trip. That is the last time I check tire pressures for the entire trip. I do however look at them to make sure I don't have a low tire. Checking air pressures lets air out every time. I dont believe in TPMS. To much stuff in the truck already. How many times do you check your truck tires? I can't remember the last time I checked them.
I check tire pressure EVERY morning before towing. If we are staying in a location for 2 weeks, I do not check tire pressure until the day of departure, but tires "don't roll without a current pressure check"..... That's truck tires, trailer tires and if we're double towing, the tires on the boat or motorcycle trailer as well. Additionally, at EVERY stop, as the truck is "cooling down by idling" I walk around the truck/trailers and use an infra-red thermometer to check temperature on every tire. I'm looking for a "large variance in temperature" not a "subtle 1 or 2 degree difference. If I notice a marked increase in temperature at one wheel location, I don't move the rig until I've determined the cause.

I also check lug nut torque the first day of each trip. I do not check lug torque during the trip unless there is a reason to retorque (change of tire, flat tire, etc)…..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote