View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 02:41 AM   #8
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
It was delivered at empty weight with the new tires driven about 3 miles. I then drove it about 45. I am in the process of resolving the issue with the tire dealer with the expectation of new tires although they initially balked. I have checked the lugs but will have to again I'm sure.

If that gen was something normally done at the factory they SHOULD have known better but we know how that goes. I still can't relieve the dealership of responsibility in your or my cases. As I told the GM; I don't care what is done to the trailer or who does it; as long as they still owned it and making mods and then going to present it to me.....it all should be checked and working. Anymore as complicated as the units are, as questionable as the workmanship is, it takes multiple layers of inspections by anyone and everyone to hopefully get one that in working condition by the time we take possession....it's very sad. But it is the reality of it at this time.

*I might add that the tires looked fine sitting on the pavement (no noticeable bulges) nor did they while I was driving and watching them but when I got it home into the property next door the lumps in the ground caused the edges to bulge out a bit which I didn't think should happen with that heavy a tire and 110psi.
I checked my tires Sailuns, during my inspection and all are 110psi. I'll assume that was from the factory not the dealership, didn't ask. ST tires can be safely run below maximum sidewall pressure at lower weights, but I seriously doubt that any chart from Sailun goes down to a 45psi weight rating. Replacing the best bet and if they say they're fine, suggest they run them on their equipment.

What little I have been able to do and see on the trailer I am pleased with (except electrical issue) and am looking forward to some other improvements. External water filter, holders for waste drain hoses, installing wheel chock, and trying to figure out where to put stuff. Course with the covid 19 thing, not sure where I can go for a shakedown cruise.

Edit adding; I posted over on IRV2 this and quite a few responses and suggestions. Under the technology, RV systems and appliances section.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote