View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
I know this would be a PITA but you might consider removing, breaking the tires down to check for internal damage from the low pressure. Unless there was obvious damage I wouldn't myself know what to look for but maybe a "tire expert", if there's really such a thing, could see it. How far did you run with that pressure and was it at delivered "empty weight"?

EDIT reference the generator install, Raptors probably leave the factory with 99%+ of them with generators. It's a standard equipment so unless someone does a specific delete, it's a normal install in the build. They SHOULD know what they are doing. Oh silly me with that statement.

It was delivered at empty weight with the new tires driven about 3 miles. I then drove it about 45. I am in the process of resolving the issue with the tire dealer with the expectation of new tires although they initially balked. I have checked the lugs but will have to again I'm sure.

If that gen was something normally done at the factory they SHOULD have known better but we know how that goes. I still can't relieve the dealership of responsibility in your or my cases. As I told the GM; I don't care what is done to the trailer or who does it; as long as they still owned it and making mods and then going to present it to me.....it all should be checked and working. Anymore as complicated as the units are, as questionable as the workmanship is, it takes multiple layers of inspections by anyone and everyone to hopefully get one that in working condition by the time we take possession....it's very sad. But it is the reality of it at this time.

*I might add that the tires looked fine sitting on the pavement (no noticeable bulges) nor did they while I was driving and watching them but when I got it home into the property next door the lumps in the ground caused the edges to bulge out a bit which I didn't think should happen with that heavy a tire and 110psi.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote