View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #3
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Sorry to hear Chunker. Hope it gets resolved sooner rather than...

So here is a man, armed with good information, and not a newbie, who does a complete PDI that is way above and beyond what most people do much less a new person to the field of RVing, and he still was not able to satisfactorily get away from the dealer with no issues. No wonder so many write of problems. I tell folks who ask me about purchasing an RV, its not IF you will have a problem with your new unit, but when. To be totally prepared to work on the new unit or save your money and spend it on Motels. It is a shame, a disgrace to American workmanship, and truly the fault of management. The overlying philosophy at Thor must make it a very unlikable place to work.

So sad.
Thanks, I was expecting a host of issues and much of that was not there. I still expect to find things wrong later but that's the nature of the beast. That's why I carry tools. Reference the day of the PDI, I figure I had 2 issues with me. #1 it was going well and I let my guard down. #2 I've been battling a cold and allergies (NOT covid 19 and NO fever), and as the day wore on so did I. By the time I got home with the beast I was exhausted and did nothing other than park it. If I hadn't installed the PI EMS I never would have found the electrical fault/short until it destroyed something or hurt/killed someone.

If any serious electrical gurus had read this post and have an idea where the potential problem is, please post here. I'm going to also make part of this post and question on irv2 since it seems to have a larger audience. The problem could be anyplace from the trailer plug all the way to the transfer switch. I traced the shore power cord from the trailer twist lock until it disappeared above the coroplast until it reappeared in the generator compartment.

If I had bought the pedestal EMS I never would have found the fault. Something to think about.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote