View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Lynnberry,

As I read your post I see nothing but a dealership failure based on LOTS of interaction with dealers and Keystone.

You indicate when you bought the trailer the radio/dvd didn't work so you took it back to the dealer to be fixed. When you got to FL it didn't work. 1) the problem should have been found on the dealer's prep before delivery or your inspection of the trailer before taking delivery and the issue would have been avoided, 2) was the unit checked for operation before departing for FL?

Upon the radio failure, what dealer were you contacting from FL? Your selling dealer back....?? or the local Keystone dealer? Your selling dealer wouldn't be able to do much for you "back home". Referring you to Keystone doesn't make sense since they can't fix it anyway. Did you attempt to find a local dealer for repair? The only reason I can think of that your selling dealer would tell you to contact Keystone would be to find a local authorized warranty dealer. Did you do that?

With the shattered glass it sounds as if you were on a different trip at a different campsite when it happened. You called the dealer and they told you to contact Keystone or did you just contact Keystone?

Typically Keystone is not going to be receptive to warranty claims from individual owners. They depend entirely on their authorized dealerships to look at the broken whatever, assess it and tell them their opinion of the cause - not you. As John said, it then depends completely on the dealership's assessment, their ability to clearly describe the situation as a warranty failure, and more importantly, their desire to do those things depending on whether or not they WANT to get involved with the low paying warranty repair. If you were trying to deal with someone other than the selling dealer the chances are very good that desire was lacking. It's very possible it's lacking in the selling dealership as well; do a search and you will find that it has been said on the forum, maybe thousands of times, that the dealership is the most important aspect of a sale if you expect to have after the purchase work performed.

In your case I see a dealership(s) that is either shirking their warranty responsibility and trying to redirect you to Keystone or one that is not willing to do the work but refuses to be up front and tell you so. Either way, you are venting your frustration in the wrong direction; I would be all over the dealership.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote