JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
I was responding to this information:

It says:
MAX LOAD
2150&6/2830LBS

If that information is actually on the wheel, it's official and supersedes brochure information.

I used a load inflation chart for tires ST225/75R15 because the 2150 above equals a maximum loaded LRC tire for that tire size, as does the 2830 for a LRE.

Load index numbers do not provide the official load capacity for ST or LT tires. They conform to the load range lettering system. However, you'll find load index numbers on the LT & ST tires because sections of that system are official for all tires. Those sections may be a maximum load capacity when the tire is used in a dual configuration (114/110, the 110 is maximum load for dual configuration). The load index system also provides a speed letter after the load index which is official (114/110L, The "L" is the letter for 75 MPH).

Some "off shore" ST manufacturers may depict actual values on the tire sidewalls. It is also official.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=35494
Cal,

Take a look at my photo in post #13 of this thread. Not only does that information exist "ON THE WHEEL" but is on every wheel that I've seen. I'd suspect that it's NOT a Keystone requirement since they wouldn't use both 5 lug and 6 lug castings (with different maximum weights) on the same application. So, the information is on the back of every wheel, at least every wheel that I've pulled on trailers from all manufacturers. Granted, I don't have the occasion to work on as many trailers as some, but every trailer, whether it's Jayco, Winnebago, Keystone or Forest River that I've pulled aluminum wheels, there's a weight rating cast into the wheel and on steel wheels, there's a weight rating either stamped onto the back of the wheel hub, or stamped (with a die set) on the inside of the rim, where you'd need to remove the tire to see the stamp.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote