View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

penra, the options as I know, depend on what kind of fixtures you have. In the past you could replace the 921 incandescent bulbs with LEDs of various brightness to fit what you wanted. Newer units seem to come with fixtures with fixed LED lamps...from what I've read/seen. So the remedy could come in various ways.

In our trailers in the past we always had "RV/trailer" lighting; ;yellow, dim, sort of in a dungeon feeling. I never liked that. With this trailer I took out all the 921s and put in LEDs. I think we ended up with "cool" white which is much brighter than the "yellow" lamps that came with the trailer. When looking at our trailer at night compared to most of those around us we actually look "white", not blue, not yellow....just a nice white color. That's what we like; many like the "yellow", dim color; I don't - particularly when I'm at the island cutting up stuff for dinner; brighter is better to me.

Back to your question; no, LEDs are not blindingly bright; they come in all kinds of brightness from yellow to full blown blue. I use brighter ones over the island/kitchen area because that's where I work preparing food; the others aren't as bright. There are many websites that compare the brightness of LEDs (kelvins) so you can see what you want to get.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote