View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #20
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTiger80 View Post
I am looking for verification from some of you more experienced owners of my interpretation of the data I have collected concerning the appropriate tire pressure in my fiver.
First, my fiver is a 2019 and has the original Sailun S637 ST235/80R16 Load Range G tires. The sticker on the side of the RV says that the tire pressure should be 110 psi, which is what I have been running for the 2 months that we have owned it. The ride is very rough and I have experienced a couple of divots/impressions in the vinyl floor from the slide out rollers. Thus my research into this subject.
On our last trip, I weighed everything at the CAT scales while fully loaded for a 3 week long outing. The weight at the rear axles was 11,640 lbs. That comes out to 2,910 lbs. per tire.
I looked up the tire pressure chart from Sailun and found the information shown below.
Based on my interpretation of this chart and the weights that I got at the CAT scales, it appears that I can be running pressures as low as 85 psi, although my gut tells me to not go below 90 psi.
Am I interpreting this data correctly?
For original Equipment tires there are no options to inflate below what has been recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. To do so is to decrease the load capacity reserves that recommendation provides.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote