View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
CUTiger80

Tire Pressure Verification

I am looking for verification from some of you more experienced owners of my interpretation of the data I have collected concerning the appropriate tire pressure in my fiver.
First, my fiver is a 2019 and has the original Sailun S637 ST235/80R16 Load Range G tires. The sticker on the side of the RV says that the tire pressure should be 110 psi, which is what I have been running for the 2 months that we have owned it. The ride is very rough and I have experienced a couple of divots/impressions in the vinyl floor from the slide out rollers. Thus my research into this subject.
On our last trip, I weighed everything at the CAT scales while fully loaded for a 3 week long outing. The weight at the rear axles was 11,640 lbs. That comes out to 2,910 lbs. per tire.
I looked up the tire pressure chart from Sailun and found the information shown below.
Based on my interpretation of this chart and the weights that I got at the CAT scales, it appears that I can be running pressures as low as 85 psi, although my gut tells me to not go below 90 psi.
Am I interpreting this data correctly?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sailun Trailer Tire Pressure Recommendations.pdf (97.8 KB, 287 views)

2019 Montana 3561RL
2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax High Country
Romans 8:28
CUTiger80 is offline   Reply With Quote