View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I assume you have the trailer near Killeen. If so, it's a pretty temperate climate as opposed to many other locations. It does however have the TX sun and heat. I live in W TX where we have plenty of both and I keep my trailer in an enclosed, insulated storage unit. If you leave your trailer outdoors for 2-3 years in this environment without regular maintenance I wouldn't be surprised if the finish/gelcoat/decals weren't irreparably damaged along with who knows what else. The sun is your enemy.

When placing it indoors you still need to 1)winterize the trailer and 2) take steps to keep rodents out of it. I use Fresh Cab (from Tractor Supply) in applications like that and have had good success. Make sure you have some sort of security. Even when stored I keep coupler/hitch locks on mine just "because". For a 3 year stint I would just inflate the tires and let the trailer sit on them then replace them when you return; they will have probably aged out by then. Disconnect and pull the batteries. You might try using a battery tender but without being able to keep an eye on the batteries....? Either method will probably result in the need for new batteries in 3 years.

Just a few things off the top of my head. Fire away with questions if we can help. The indoor storage could be a little costly but it will save you so much that IMO it would definitely be worth it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote