Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #62
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Yes, my method for deciding the load range could impact the wheel. If one is going to do that it is mandatory to know what the specs of the wheel are.

GAWR could come into play if you tried to load to the tire capability and disregarded the gawr but that isn't the purpose, for me, to upgrade the LRE. It's to give me as much cushion as possible in an effort to prevent a tire failure from ???

I do believe that raising the minimum cushion to 10% is going to help and is a contributor to many of the failures in the past. However, that does not mean, to me, that is the sole reason for repeated Trailer King failures.

The article you attached via the link was from April of last year (2019) and they indicate that the tire was a "new" tire...whatever that may be. It also notes it is produced by the Sailun Jinyu Group. I'm hoping that is not going to be the same Yonsheng plant that the other Trailer Kings came from. If it isn't, that may bode very well for the Trailer King brand. I don't know how they could not be aware of the dismal perception the brand has. Time will tell....and I'll try to look into it when I have time.....or you may have some sort of document that would tell us if the plant is in fact different.
Maybe someone using newish Trailer King tires can provide us with their plant code. Every tire is required to have a plant code molded into its sidewall.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote