Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:18 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
The "China Bomb" crap is just that, crap.

Fact: Most trailer tire failures are China made tires.
Reason; Most trailer tires are made in China.

If most trailers used USA made tires, guess what, most tire failures would be USA made tires.

Keep them inflated, don't hit curbs, don't overload them and all should be well.

http://www.rvtiresafety.net/2019/02/...omb-tires.html

Well...….I suspect I, and millions more, would disagree with you. Yes, most trailer tires are made in China. Yes, there are lots of failures....and yes, most come from certain brands....that's just a fact. Evidence? Take a Trailer King tire and place it beside a Carlisle, Maxxis or Endurance. Pick them up. Whoops! That Trailer King will weigh a 1/3 less or so (guesstimation). Squash them. The Trailer King will literally push down like a marshmallow...not so with the other premium brands. When, in the past on this forum, we have ran the failures back to the same plant in the same province (Shandong) I'm thinking categorizing "Chinese" tires as "Chinese" tires is "just crap". So, IMO, saying that the term "china bomb" is "crap, just crap" is refuted by most anything anyone sees, reads or experiences....unless you just like them due to really cheap prices....and then, it's your business, your trailer and your life. Good luck. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote