View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #27
gearhead

5-24-2017. 2AM. Sound asleep. Huge explosion. I'm still hearing it when I wake up. I thought the TV exploded. Grab the nightstand gun. I'm hearing more noises like someone moving around in the den. Crack the bedroom door open. Glass all over the den floor. Back door caved in. Shut the bedroom door and tell Betty call 911 we have someone in the house. Dispatcher says "OK, we are right around the corner, be right there. Stay in the bedroom." That S&W 38 is feeling a bit inadequate. Well since the cops are on the way I'll peep in the den again. Nothing. Look in the front dining room. WTH. That is the rear end of a deer. Betty tell them its a deer. A what? A deer. Tell the cops to come to the back door because I'm not fighting a wild buck to open the front door. In a couple minutes the dispatcher says the cops are at the back door. I look out in the den and don't see the deer. The cops say there is blood on the back porch. The said shut the bedroom door and we will search the house. They did, no deer. It went out the same way it got in. Blood, mud, and glass everywhere. Clean up, replace the 38 with something more substantial, and got a new back door with much less glass.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote