Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 05:29 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Kraftee,

I am a "fan of Harbor Freight" and I suppose, even a "loyal customer". That said, I'm surprised you got the 20% coupon discount when you bought your generator. If you read the bottom of the coupon, it does not (or isn't supposed to) apply to Predator products. Our local HF stores in Alpena and Traverse City won't honor coupons on items listed as exclusions. It's great you got yours sneaked by with the discount.

As for the HF 2 year extended warranty, read it carefully, there are "smoky mirrors" in the way they honor the warranty. It is a 2 year warranty on that specific generator. If you return it, they will give you a new generator as a replacement. When that occurs, the 2 year warranty goes with the old generator and is no longer "yours". At all our local stores, the replacement is not a "purchase" and is not eligible for the extended warranty. So, you pay $49 for a 2 year extended warranty on a generator, if you bring it back, your warranty is "consumed" and you can't buy one on the replacement they "give you". It's a "one time replacement" not a "2 year extended warranty". At least that's the way HF applies the "warranty" in our local stores. Look at your "extended warranty" and you'll see this statement: "Replacement of product, issuance of a gift card or a refund deems plan fully performed (N/A in AZ and NV)." When you take the replacement out the door, you're on your own.

I'm not saying you'll have a problem, hopefully you won't. The Predator generators are reliable, if you get a good one. Not so much, if yours is one of the "problem machines". As for the warranty, best hope the replacement is a good one, otherwise, you've got 100 pounds of spare parts, at least with our HF stores.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote