Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Champion has made "leaps and bounds" improvements in recent years. Their small portable generators have become much more popular than in the past. A 3 year warranty (parts and labor) on new generators is a significant difference from the Harbor Freight warranty which is 90 days for the generator and 2 years for the emissions control components (provided there has been no lack of maintenance or modification to the unit).

The new style Champion 2000 watt generator is a suitcase style similar to Honda and Yamaha. About the only difference between the older "box style" and the newer "suitcase style" is the fuel tank size (1.0 vs 1.1 gallon). Otherwise, the specs appear to be very similar from engine size to operating noise.

I have the older style Champion 2000 watt generators with the parallel kit. The system powers our Cougar with one generator (no A/C) or by adding the second generator, the full 30 amp capability is provided.

I've seen the Predator generators in use several times. They are comparable in noise to the Champion, Yamaha or Honda. I can not address the power output quality since I've never done any oscilloscope comparisons. My only concern is the lack of warranty which, to me, that is a significant concern. To others, it may not matter.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote