View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #24
Ken / Claudia

CW posted a site several years ago that went to the tire failures by brand. I cannot recall what that was. I spend a long time looking up data. They had listed complaints and most had no known reason due to tire was not inspected. When they did get a tire, they inspected and said what the failure was caused from.
What I remember is that there where not many china bombs listed, why? My guess is rarely has anyone made that complaint. GY trailer tires had lots listed going back years. What none of the data said was how many of xx brand have been made to give a percent number of problems.
I will repeat myself about tire failures, nearly everyone posts they had a blown up tire but, almost never asks or looks into WHY.
As a traffic cop I understand all types of tires and vehicles have blow outs and flats. Until there is a death involved the tire is not inspected by the police. They is not a month goes by that I do not stop a vehicle that the driver is happily traveling on a near or flat tire and has NO clue. What happens when that tire is on a trailer, it continues being pulled along until it blows up because the driver cannot feel or tell the low tire, wheel bearings problems, delamination of those tires.
By posting my tire blew up and nothing else is like saying I crashed my car and the fender got bent, the car is no good. If you post the tire date, mileage, maybe wt. what pressure was in the tire and when last checked and ask the tire guys what happened to the tire it would help.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote