View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #25
shiggs68

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I'm curious why you would think that one leg would show undervoltage? Both legs, with respect to neutral would be 120VAC!

I'm thinking that it would work as it was made to do, as each leg is monitored separately as an input to the unit. I've sent an email to their tech support, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon and I will post up the answer here....that way we will all know for sure.

Notice the attach specifications for the Progressive Industries Surge Protectors with EMS, both 30 and 50amp modules monitor for 104 to 132vac range. Any voltage outside this range will shutdown the connection.

On a side note, if your RV has a Energy Management System, the 50amp shore power is monitored for 240vac hot to hot. If not present, the system assumes you are using a 30amp adapter and shreds various loads to keep you under the 30amp limit.

Also the 120/240 volt availability is the result of a center tapped transformer, not a 3-phase delta connection. It’s sometimes called split-phase. Same as the service provided to your sticks and bricks home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote