View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Does Keystone make any Multi slide TT under 30 foot in total?

In a perfect world I want a rear living area with BIG windows to enjoy the view.
& lots of storage inside & out for many things Maybe a big enough fron outside storage that can hold the height of Honda 2000 Geni's?
& maybe a door that allows a private bed room?
& recliners with cup holders that actually face the TV & Electric fireplace.

I may be asking a lot?
but thats what I want...

What does Keystone offer?
I would "go out on a limb" here and say that you'll NEVER find a trailer with all these requirements and probably can't "cram that much stuff" into any custom built trailer that's under 30'.

As I said earlier, Keystone doesn't build a trailer with all of your wants. So, you're going to either find a trailer from Keystone that's "close to what you want" or find one from a competitor. Either way, you're going to have to compromise your "wants" because no trailer built has all of those features.

I'd ask, which is more important: The multi-slide? or the under 30' or the rear living area with BIG windows or the lots of storage or the outside storage that can hold the height of Honda 200 Geni's? (You will not find all of those features on any trailer) So which one is MUST HAVE, which is REALLY WANT and which is WE CAN DO WITHOUT??? Now include the door that allows a private bedroom (realize there is NO privacy in a 30' box that wiggles with every movement by someone inside regardless of the door construction), or the recliners with cup holders at actually face the TV or is it the Electric fireplace. Which are you and your DW willing to remove from the list? Which are not essential? After making those decisions, then ask: Is it the recliners that are important, or is it the recliners without the potential to turn over a drink? or ????

You need to prioritize your wants, then start looking at trailers with that list and locate those that can put the most "checks on the list". Then find a "competent" marriage counselor (one that can mediate the differences between you and your DW) and then go try to find that trailer on a sales lot and attempt to negotiate a price that fits into your "budget list" and that you feel is a "fair price to pay". The end result won't be satisfactory if you find the "ideal trailer online" and every dealer who sells it is $10,000 above your budget.

If any of the above seems harsh, it's not intended that way, rather, it's a "welcome to the real world of RV shopping"... Many of us are towing our third, or fourth or even our tenth or more trailer. We've thought we had it right, bought a rig and found out it won't work or we changed our priority and it is now outdated. Some of us have "changed trailers as often as we change underwear" or so it seems. Each of those changes comes with a price, sometimes a very expensive price, and we all realize that RV ownership is more than where the recliners sit or where the TV viewing is best.

Every one of us has gone through exactly what you're going through and every one of us will give you "somewhat different advice" on how we got from where you are to RV ownership. There isn't any "easy, foolproof and cheap" way to make the journey. Each RV owner gets there a bit differently. The objective, I think, is enjoying the journey as much as the destination. In other words, don't get frustrated, don't be "force guided" and don't expect it to just "fall into place". If you and your DW communicate and shop as a team, eventually you'll find the right trailer. If you do the shopping and she has "veto power" you'll probably give up long before finding the right rig. It's a team effort and not an easy journey, but one worth the effort if you want the best results. AND: Even then, realize that you'll probably buy several more RV's before you're too old to travel......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote