View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #30
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback 325BH View Post
Hensley is for folks who do not know how to setup a hitch correctly.
The above "blanket" assumption tends to show the credibility of the source.

Prior to ownership of my Hensley Arrow, my mid-level hitch was a Blue Ox Sway Pro. The reviews were outstanding, pricing was in line with other competitive sway control WDHs, and my dealer recommended it. My trailer was loaded properly, the TV was adequate, and my weights were within the limits of the TV, the trailer, and the spring bars. The scales supported my "properly loaded trailer".

Unfortunately, mother nature and the laws of physics took the reins and won the battle against an otherwise compliant towing rig. Even after stepping up to a 3/4 ton 160 inch wheelbase truck, the same WDH showed signs of unsafe trailer movement.

Maybe a 4pt Equal-I-zer hitch would have curtailed sway better, maybe not. But when tugging a 35 foot trailer behind at highway speeds, I learned that I never want to fight the battle again. This is one of the reason that many people upgrade to a 5th wheel. For my camping objectives, I have no interest in a 5th wheel.

So, here is where my Hensley came to fruition. It (they) promised me 99% of sway elimination. And it has 100% lived up to that promise. When my 120 lb, 5'1" wife can drive our rig at 65 mph, in heavy wind conditions, on long downgrades, and in passing lanes next to extended length wiggle wagons and have absolutely no trepidation or fear of a sway event, it was worth every penny of the $2000 invested. YMMV.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote