View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 03:47 AM   #10
Cqyqte

I have no experience with this model of RV or this issue, but I once had an issue with the fibreglass deck of a boat. The original poster mentioned something which made me think of my past situation. I had covered my boat for winter with a blue polytarp and left it until spring. When I removed the tarp once the snow was gone I found the flat fibreglass surface of the deck was deformed and drooping in several spots. I took the boat to the dealer and had to pay for a new top deck as it was beyond it's waranty period. When the old deck was lifted off the boat hull it became apparent what had happened. The tarp over the boat had acted as a greenhouse and the sun had generated enough heat under the tarp to soften the resin in the fibreglass and caused it to sag into the depressions of the flotation foam under the boat decking. I never would have assumed that in the cold months of winter that much heat could be generated, but when I searched the web for similar situations I found lots and the common denominator was the polytarp draped over the object with no ventilation, which trapped the heat. Seeing the pictures you posted of the wrinkled fibreglass makes me think that's the problem.

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
2017 Keystone Springdale 2660RL
Cqyqte is offline   Reply With Quote