View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #91
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I would point out that "feeling safe" because your TV can pull whatever is not actually "being safe". Do you have scale numbers for your "safe" rig? If not it's purely subjective on your part because it moves and "feels" safe. And no, you don't have to justify what you do to anyone on this forum. What you will have to do in the event of an accident being overloaded is justify exactly what "feeling safe" means vs mandated weight limits (and how you're weighed) to a jury with your future in the balance.

As far as Toyota vs Ram etc. I run Ram trucks period. I've owned all of them. New generation Rams are just as good as Toyota (I buy new Toyota SUVs all the time - 2020 4runner in the garage at home with 1700 miles), electronics are better as well as powertrain. Reliability is no longer in the corner of a Toyota...I know. What they do have, without doubt, is better resale value but, to me, that in no way compensates for all the other shortcomings they have....including towing ability. Might want to hone up on those weights.....just in case.

Edit: A 27reswe, from what I find, weighs 6494 dry; 8800 gvw and is 31' long??

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-tr...ravel-trailer/

A clarification on the above post I made:

When I stated "electronics are better as well as powertrain" I was alluding to Ram; and may as well be every other member of the Big 3. I have lamented to FCA many times their inability to upgrade drive trains and electronics. Braking on any Japanese truck definitely has shortcomings if towing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote