View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #81
flybouy
Site Team

The status of this pandemic is a very fluid situation. Often changing by the hour, outbreaks can and are occurring in places no one could or can predict. Here in MD in MT Airy, a rural community an hour drive from Baltimore and D.C. a nursing home had an outbreak. 77 infected and 5 dead, so far.

Anyone that thinks they "should go camping" are just as foolish as the "spring breakers" in FL recently in my opinion. I equate the current warnings to the air raid sirens in London during WWII with one major difference. If, during an air raid you opted to "try your luck" and take a stroll you only put your life in danger. With a pandemic you are possibly endangering your life as well as others.

Currently there is a cruise ship with US citizens on board the FL and other states and countries are refusing to allow in. Do you think that you and you're RV will be welcomed with open arms?

I think of it this way. This years camping season has been interrupted and chances are will be further. It's not like you're going to die if you don't go camping but there is a possibility, however remotely, that you can if you do go. So while you may be willing to take the risk I doubt that the states that you wish to enter will.

I think it's a sad statement to see people panic during an emergency. I think it's even sadder to see people so selfish that they think all the experts along with the billions of people around the world are wrong because they want to go camping.

JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote