View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 03:49 AM   #14
Vet4jdc

Danny,

I have shared quite a bit of information with you on the MHC and specifically the 331RL since we purchase the same camper one year ago. I too was feeling some of where you are after we got our unit home. While we were excited about the third slide and new floor plan, there were definitely things that caught my eye as "less than quality".

We traded a 2013 Montana Mountaineer that was a very nice camper. It had many features that were above average quality including solid wood on the cabinet doors and stiles. We loved that 2 slide fiver and spent many nights in it. The only reason to trade was that we really wanted a third slide and a little more room.

Once we started going through it, I did discover things that needed repair like leaking drain pipes and other small stuff. It took four or five camping trips to get the bugs worked out but I never took it back to the dealer and just fixed things myself.

Anyway, looking back it is not the material quality that we had in a 2013 model but we are loving it for what it is and have no regrets a year later. As long as nothing major happens in the first few years, I will stand behind Keystone for this product. We didn't purchase a hundred thousand dollar fifth wheel that weighs 15,000 lbs. We bought an 11,000 lb unit that fit our weight limits and our budget.

Maybe down the road, our travels will include a dually and a Mobile Suites but for now, we enjoy what we bought and as you said, the DW loves the large bath room.

I would say be patient and keep pecking away at the issues that arise. You will have some bugs and you will get them fixed in time. As you do, the vinyl wrapped wood will seem to fade away in the background and owning a MHC will seem like a good value for the price point.

By the way, we have some friends that own a Grand Design and in two years of ownership, they have had nothing but problems with their rig. They had a Montana before this one and wish many times they had never traded. As for the Reflection, one look at the basement storage verses the MHC and we knew it was not for us.

Good luck to you and the DW as you work your way thru the "break-in" period.