View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 05:25 PM   #16
RVEagle

Actual 34TSB Weights

So we picked up our trailer today and stopped on the way home to weigh it. For all those (maybe nobody) that want to know how the actual weights compare to the published weights, here's the scoop on our trailer. It's a 2020 Cougar 34TSB. The weight published online with the listing for the trailer was a Dry Weight of 8,563 pounds. The weight on the placard on the side of the trailer was 8,680 pounds. This weight is qualified by the information that it is calculated with the fresh water tanks full (cold water - 451 pounds and hot water - 50 pounds). I filled my truck up with gas at the scales prior to picking up the trailer and after picking up the trailer - both times prior to weighing (this allows me to get an accurate tongue weight). The actual weight of the trailer, including the tongue weight, was 9,160 pounds. There was nothing in the trailer. No water in the tanks. There was a battery, and the propane tanks were full. One item to consider when comparing the published weights to the actual weight is the presence of a Ground Control TT system. This is supposed to add about 480 pounds to the trailer. I would have thought, since it was added at the factory, that it would be represented on the placard. Note the trailers GVWR is 10,500 pounds, but the max weight capacity of the Ground Control TT is 10,000 pounds. Of course your numbers will be different, but this gives you a feel for how it might go.
RVEagle is offline   Reply With Quote