View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVEagle View Post
Customer1 - that IS the simplest way, since I don't own the trailer yet and can't weigh it. I've done that as stated in my original post. I'm simply looking for campers that own a Cougar 34TSB to post what their weights are. I know that their weights won't equal my weights, but it will give me a feel for how the published 34TSB weights compare to real life situations. I expect the folks posting would make anecdotal remarks about their weights, like 'this includes a 500 pound generator strapped to the back of the trailer' if pertinent. I'm not asking for folks to tell me if my truck can or cannot handle the trailer - since I don't know the weights.
I hate to be sort of blunt, but your question, to me, is meaningless. How would what the weight of Joe's, Bill's, Bob's and Mary's trailer have anything to do with you?? Dry weight, for your trailer, is on the sticker on the side of the trailer...that is answered. I've looked at lots of trailer, of the same brand and model, and that "dry" weight varies by hundreds of pounds. What you put in it is....what you put in it...not Bob or Bill. "Real life" weights are YOUR scaled weights - no one else. Again, you have to go by specific weights, ON THE PLACARDS, and not some stuff you read somewhere. Yes, it IS the simplest way if you don't know "specifics" and are just trying to guess.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote