View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

My little F350 Superduty works a little harder in steep grades than out on the flatlands and I can likely safely tow two of the 5vers I own and still be within spec. If you have never towed in twisties or mountains or steep grades, any truck will work harder. I enjoy seeing my boost gauge pop up high and my fuel gauge drop low on a steep hill!

Here in the TX Hill Country we have what are called "The Twisted Sisters or The 3s". Ranch Road 335, 336 and 337. RR337 is the most twisty road in this part of the country and crawls along the edge of steep embankments over very deep canyons and is a favorite of the go-fast bike guys. Driving this road with a camper in tow is a white knuckle experience and one of the reasons I now have the F350 rather than the old 96 F250 is four wheel disk brakes. My brakes, especially the rear drums on the F250 got HOT doing this road and my wife's knuckles took about a week to un-clench (I said knuckles to be polite... might have been some other anatomical feature). The other road alternative was flat and boring and we had been on the Twisted Sisters MANY times on a bike and/or our trike where the experience is actually fun as opposed to terrifying!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote