View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELPDLR View Post
So just peel off the flooring tile then what take a blade and cut into the soft stuff till you can see the braces its attached to ? Look guys i cant put a nail in a piece of wood thanks for the help type it slow so i can get it ha.
Some people "just need a bit of on-site help" with projects for which they have a knowledge deficit....

Notice I didn't say "don't do it" or "don't try" I said get some "ON-SITE help"... Find someone, a friend or relative, who is competent in putting a nail in a piece of wood and ask them to help. If you aren't familiar with travel trailer construction, spend LOTS of time studying trailer brochures, paying particular attention to that one diagram toward the middle of every brochure that shows the "peeled back construction" with a lot of numbered circles. Go to every number in the diagram and read how it describes that feature. Blow the figure up so it's large enough to really see how all those things are "stacked together to make a trailer"...

Don't just cut through the top layer, the bottom layer, or even remove the vinyl flooring, until you understand what is under it.

Just cutting through the top layer, might be OK if you're using a razor knife, but using a jig saw or a circular saw with the blade nearly retracted, can be a sure bet to cut the tops off every one of those aluminum tubes that make up the floor joists....

There's no way anyone can "type enough information in a forum post" to teach you how to start from scratch to rebuild a travel trailer floor.....

Take a look at the threads on this forum that you can find with a forum search for topics like "floor repair" or "floor replacement"... Many of them have detailed photos of how a member repaired his floor, most with photos showing what the structure looked like as they "peeled back the layers"....

Spend some time preparing and learning. I really don't think this thread could possibly "teach a novice in a few posts" how to remove, repair and replace a rotted travel trailer floor.

This isn't intended to discourage you, but rather to warn you that, as a novice with a difficulty level capacity of 1 wrench, this type project is a difficulty level of 5 or 6 or, in some really bad situations, a level of 9 or 10 wrenches.... Don't bite off more than you can chew.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote