Thread: Cougar TT
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ily View Post
Thank you all for your replies. Figuring out what to do. We love our Tundra and not ready to trade it, we hope to be able to get a diesel Tundra if Toyota would ever decide on it.
My husband and I are just looking for a TT to visit state parks in the US and Canada. Thinking of being full time in a few years.
A Tundra has improved in recent years as far as a towing vehicle. On par with the Big 3? Not by any test that has been performed on them vs the big 3 that I have seen. A diesel in a Tundra? Not seen anything like that mentioned...I suppose a hope, sort of like the diesel Titan? The Titan still can't/doesn't make the cut for an HD truck as the US would think.

Little brother tried to use a Toyota HD pickup to pull his lightweight 5vr because they said it could. He ended up with a Ford 250 diesel because the Toyota didn't have the "cojones" for it. He loved it, couldn't do the job

Understand that a Tundra, is at heart, a Japanese "truck" designed by "Japanese" that have no comprehension of what us Americans do with a truck. They are learning and improving...for a 1/2 ton truck. Trying to use them for heavy duty towing....give them 10 years or so.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote