View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #58
travelin texans

[QUOTE=blubuckaroo;358351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post

So, let me ask then...
How much does your trailer weigh?
You can't possibly know unless you either weigh it, or add the weight of the load (batteries, water, propane, better mattress, and all your stuff) to the dry weight on the sticker. In our case we even had to add the weight difference of the dealer installed upgraded steps.
Unless you've done either of these, you're only guessing.
I knew exactly what my 5th wheel weighed!!
The GVWR was 16.5k, couldn't tell you what the dry weight was & didn't care, after loading for full-time, traveled for about 6 months, adjusted what was/was not needed, I had it weighed at a park that offered the Smart Weigh (every wheel on every axle truck & trailer separately) & weighed 16525 pounds. Also weighed twice at different times at Cat scales & weighed in at within 50 pounds+/- of the gross each time. Funny thing, never once did they look at or ask what my dry weight was at either weigh in.
If your adding weight of items you've loaded, don't know how you would, to your dry weight, you're adding to a fictious number, then you still have no idea of what your weight is, until you head to the scales, you could easily be off by 500-1000 pounds.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote