View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #43
Ken / Claudia

Fordfellla,
Those mechanics giving you advice are partly right. Ford does not want lawsuits so they post limits. So, if you go over them who is responsible if the vehicle is damaged, Ford, the mechanics or you. I think we all say you. What if your involved in any crash, your fault or not. Police conduct an investigation (something I have done hundreds of times, likely more) What if the cause or contributing factor is the vehicle being overloaded or improperly loaded. Again will Ford say they will stand behind you when you choose to ignore the posted vehicles limits. Best yet, this suggestion has never been followed, but I will ask it again. Talk to your insurance agent. Tell him you might be overloading the truck when towing a RV. Ask how much overloading do they find is OK.
I agree with the mechanics there is a safety factor built into every posted limit maybe on everything we have. Police,inspectors, insurance investigators go with what the vehicle posted not by mechanics opinions.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote