Thread: youtube videos
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 03:20 PM   #1
wiredgeorge

youtube videos

Youtube is my go to place to see how to do something. I have had lawn tractors for many years and most with Briggs and Stratton engines. I have adjusted the valves several times over the years on several of these tractors but only do it once in a long while so I can't remember EXACTLY how to adjust the valves... there are only 2, an intake and exhaust.

First video I looked at was specifically for an Ariens 17.5hp lawn tractor like mine. Guy did OK in the video except he line the coil magnets up with the coil and adjust the valves there. Put EVERYTHING back together after following this method and BOY DID IT NOT WORK. Tractor wouldn't turn over all the way.

Watched anther video and closed the exh valve and adjusted the int valve and turned over the engine where the int valve closed and exh opened and bingo! This good as new.

I guess what I am saying is that no matter how authoritative a video may seem, it might just be bogus just like all other advice. Going to go ride around on my lawn tractor now!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote