View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 02:14 AM   #63
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
Yes I'm using it and so far I'm happy with it. We just got home from a 1K mile trip and the only issue I've ever had, was on this trip. I gotta believe it gave me a false alarm. I checked tire pressure before we left and once the sensors sync'd to the monitor and updated, they were within a pound of what I set the pressures to with a digital pressure gauge. We rolled out for the 1st leg, and after 200 miles stopped for the night. As we pulled into the campground, I got a slow leak warning on the right front trailer tire. I was watching the pressure it only dropped to within of cold pressure. We got set up in our site, I raised that wheel, rotated the tire, inspected it carefully, found no visible damage or leaks. Checked pressure and it was still within acceptable range again using my digital pressure gauge. We completed the remainder of the trip without any other alerts.
Thanks. I've had that happen with the old TPMS it would happen after a long pull when the tires got heated up good and pressures were high then stopping somewhere or lunch on a cool day and the tires cooling off quickly.
I got the the I10 unit a few days ago and I finished my repairs from the blown up tire damage yesterday and put the new Saliun S637 tires on and added the sensors. I liked the ease of programming the unit. I backed one off and within 5 seconds it alerted me . I wish I had had went with the 6 sensor option though, I could have put sensors on my under carriage spare and the spare I carry in the truck on long trips to monitor them also. Debating on whether I want to spend $80 to buy 2 more sensors.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote