View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 08:11 AM   #37
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
so if one runs the correct air pressure
and under the rated speed

and have TPM

what is the normal tire temp increase over ambient temp one can expect?

or what is the danger zone temperature for tires ??

If by "correct pressure" you mean the pressure stated for your scale weight reading plus a 10% Reserve, you don't need to worry about temperature or pressure increase.
But since you asked you can expect a pressure increase of 10 to 25% depending on speed and load but undamaged tires can handle that increase. When we design tires we do test for increased temperature and pressure. You can set your high pressure warning level on your TPMS to 125% of your "cold" inflation pressure.

I have written a number of times on "tire temperature reading" from TPMS and have a long post just on that topic scheduled on my blog on April 29.

Relating to this thread I have a post on 4/15 on "I just had a failure for no reason" coming 4/22 "Simple question - Why do tires fail" so my timing on the three posts was good for those that want facts from an actual tire design engineer as opposed to information heard around the campfire.