View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 07:33 AM   #31
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Like the title says do tires just blow up or is it just the end result of loss of air due to a leak or delamination? I have had tires "blow up" twice since we started RVing about 12 years ago. The first one did minimal damage about 4 years ago. The latest one did quite a bit more https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=50721 I have had the same TPMS system on both rigs and while it has alerted me to slow leaks on other occasions it didn't on these two until well after the "blow up" occurred. I have the TireTraker TT-400 and it does not do real time monitoring and I am exploring getting a new system. So I have been researching different brands and models of TPMS, TireTraker has a newer model the TT-600 but a call to their tech dept basically said that while it updates more often it still is not real time. So the bottom line is if blow ups just happen could any TPMS alert me in real time so I could avoid some of the damage?

That is quite a claim. Maybe we just do not have the same understanding of "real time". If you unscrew a TPM sensor so the air starts to leak out uou are saying the TPMS display never shows the loss of pressure? If you partially unscrew the sensor and drop say 20 psi how long before your monitor reports the loss of air. 10 minutes? Half an hour? maybe more information would help me understand.