View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:28 PM   #24
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Like the title says do tires just blow up or is it just the end result of loss of air due to a leak or delamination? I have had tires "blow up" twice since we started RVing about 12 years ago. The first one did minimal damage about 4 years ago. The latest one did quite a bit more https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=50721 I have had the same TPMS system on both rigs and while it has alerted me to slow leaks on other occasions it didn't on these two until well after the "blow up" occurred. I have the TireTraker TT-400 and it does not do real time monitoring and I am exploring getting a new system. So I have been researching different brands and models of TPMS, TireTraker has a newer model the TT-600 but a call to their tech dept basically said that while it updates more often it still is not real time. So the bottom line is if blow ups just happen could any TPMS alert me in real time so I could avoid some of the damage?

In a word, YES. See these two pics. This was the spare tire on the back of the TT. It literally just made a loud bang sound. Probably 70 degrees outside. I set the PSI to 80 about a week earlier, so it was at 80psi or less...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Blow-out-2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	39242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Blow-out-1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	39243  
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax (sold)
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote