View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #168
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
I prefer the retail shop orders them then to mail order. Reason is that when I get there if they are not correct or not "fresh" enough I can walk away with no money invested. If they are delivered to me I have to deal with the return if there is an issue. I suppose it is selfish to invest their time and money versus mine but that is my thoughts.
You can order from Walmart.com and the tires are delivered to the store. You call (or they send an email) when the tires arrive, you go to the store and inspect the tires and they install them.

It's the same with Discount Tire. You order them online, they ship them to the DT store of your choice and you go in, look at the tires and they install them.

I agree, I don't order from Amazon and have the tires shipped to the house and I don't order from Simple Tire and have them shipped to a "third party installer" where "I'm stuck paying for the install if I refuse the tires".....

One, in my mind, is "mail order" (amazon and simple tire) the other is the same process when ordering on line or in the store. The only difference is "travel time to order". Otherwise, same process, You decide what tires you want, they order them, call you when they come in and you go get them installed... Essentially, it's the same as "years ago" when we called Sears or Firestone and asked, "Do you have XXX in stock?" they usually said, "No, but we can have them on Monday" and you made a phone decision, "Order me 4 and call me when they come in" or "No thanks, I need them today"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote