View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #166
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Curious why? I've not "mail ordered" tires but have bought them on the internet. Never had an issue and so far all have been manufactured within 2 -3 months prior to delivery.
Same with me. Almost any tire, whether from Discount tire, WalMart or "your local tire store" will be a "special order" (We don't have them in stock, but will can have them here Monday if you want to order them....

Ordering from some "websites that don't have retail outlets" means finding your own tire installer (like Amazon) or the website will give you "a list of installers in your area"... I tend to shy away from those.... (personal preference)

But, I don't see any difference in getting on the computer and ordering from the "Discount tire website" or "WalMart.com" and in driving to Discount tire to order them or standing in line at WalMart tire counter to order them....

Actually, using the internet, I'm able to "shop everything Discount tire has" where in the store, I can't pull up another one to look at tread patterns without feeling that I'm making the guy in line behind me impatient.....

I wouldn't call "ordering tires on the internet" a "mailorder transaction".... At least, not in the sense of "sending a check in an envelope and waiting for a package on the front porch"....

I see no difference in "ordering tires at DTC's service counter in the store and ordering tires at DTC.com"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote