View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #160
CWtheMan

I posted this Sailun tire information in this forum because of my suspicions there may be a manufacturing defect in that batch/block/lot of tires dated 2020 from a Vietnam building plant. Those interested in buying new Sailun tires for their trailers should check for made in Vietnam sometime in 2020.

After a closer look at the tire sidewall information on one of the tires in question it became apparent the building plant code cannot pinpoint the actual building plant because the tire’s plant code (1Y) is for a plant in China, not Vietnam. That could be a problem in the event of a recall order for those 2020 tires (4020).

Click image for larger version

Name:	382DEB5A-400E-44AF-834D-AC434CC62A96.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	34740

On another note. Sailun has always said that their 16" LRG trailer tires need special high load capacity wheels and to check with the wheel manufacturer to insure the ones you are using meet that standard.

Tire manufacturer's set the standard for the wheels their tires are attached to. (FMVSS refers).

Up-Date: NHTSA has gone from a two character plant code to a three character code. I was using an older plant code guide for the original information above. The older 2 character code 1Y does identify a China plant. However, the 4020 manufactured tire above has the three character identifier 1YJ which is a Vietnam plant code

Here is a link to the new 3 character tire plant codes.

https://www.wfirm.com/complete-list-...t-plant-codes/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote