View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6bits View Post
The 92 on the left includes a license plate light. I see on JRTJH’s post that he has a separate license plate light. Was that an add-on, or did it come on the trailer?

I suppose there should be enough room under the skin of the trailer to run a license plate wire down to a new hole. The 84 doesn’t have a license plate light option.
You're right, I installed a separate Bargman license plate light under the 84. I looked at trying to modify the 92's to use LED's, but found the 84's on sale for $27 each so for me, it was a "no brainer" to go with the separate LP light for $4 The LP light is not LED, but works well for what I need. My concern was that on a sunny day with the original lights, it was very difficult to see the brake lights. In fact, my wife followed me to take the trailer in for service when the refrigerator died and she said that on the way down, she didn't see the turn signals at any of the stops/turns we made. That was enough to convince me that I needed some way to make my brakes/turn signals more noticeable. These do exactly that and the entire 3 light package (2 #84's and the LP light) were less than $60 on sale at Amazon dot com.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote