View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #64
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzelessknowledge View Post
Thanks. Yes, please keep the suggestions coming. Hearing and learning from others is very beneficial is anything.

This discussion has quickly turned me to a 1 ton. It now comes down to the parking garage. Mine is spacious with wide lanes and wide turns in 90%. My issue will be height. I have to go see what the height is. Can’t remember.
However we have an entrance on the top level and there is often parking available. At least on the slope.

Both the 2500 or 3500 would be about 2 feet longer from my calculations. Length should be good.

Because of the past year I’m lucky to work from home and right now my boss says I can stay there. It’s just the every now and then when I would have to go in for something. Otherwise I’m golden.

Thank you for your learnings.
Height is where you will have to be careful.. I’ve owned several different Ram 2500 trucks with 4x4 and a front leveling kit .. not a lift, just a level spacer for front springs .. there was quite a few garages I hit the overheight swinging bumper as I eased in. The garages I made it in to I always kept it slow and creeped along so I didn’t get any bounce in the truck and possibly hit a sprinkler pipe or some other ceiling fixture. My trucks all had the 17” wheels. The newer ones with 20” wheels are possibly a taller profile although the outside overall tire diameter may be around the same.
If your going to the same garage all the time it may not ever be an issue .