Thread: Tpms?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #65
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I got the TST delivered to the state park. A couple days later I had some time to work on setting it up. Charged the monitor for 5+ hours. Tried to program it but couldn't see the numbers well enough to finish. Yesterday I called tech support and got it programmed. Told them I couldn't see any of the numbers unless I went into a totally dark room. They said Amazon has a shade kit. I installed the sensors and mounted the monitor using their suction cup mount. Turned it on this morning as we left the campground. Going down the road I could see the tire locations occasionally blinking but I couldn't read any of the numbers. Got settled into a campground and looked on Amazon for the shade and couldn't find it. Obviously getting frustrated. Anyone had similar issues?

I think the issue or reading the TST color monitor is that if you wear glasses that are polarized they don't play nice with the polarized color screen in the TST unit. For a quick check simply take your glasses off and see if you can read the numbers on the TPMS monitor.