View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 06:26 PM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Don't get me wrong. The Minder Smart TPMS does constantly check temps and pressures. It just does it in a unit that alarms at you, but doesn't have a display of its own. When you need information off the display, you use your phone app.
The "limitation" at least in my mind, to this kind of system is that it "alarms you when approaching the limit"...

That's the difference in a temperature gauge in a truck and a "HOT" light in a truck... With the gauge (constant monitoring of actual temperature/pressure) you can visualize a trend. With the "HOT" light, you don't know there's a problem until "there IS a problem"....

It's the same with a monitor system that "constantly monitors tire pressure" and alarms you when there's an issue.... You "roll along fat, dumb and happy until you're not".....

Don't get me wrong, having that type of system is better than no system at all, but like the "idiot light and the gauge" any "good/bad" notification system doesn't allow for trending or "situational awareness"....

The problem with a phone app system is that you have to "tinker with the phone while driving" to access the monitor function, then, get a phone call or need to use the GPS function and "you're tinkering again while driving" to get back to the TPMS app.... For me (and I hope all other drivers towing 5 or more tons on a public highway) "tinkering with a phone app" is best left to the rest areas while the transmission is in P, not on the highway with the transmission in D.... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote