View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
George - Tireminder on the trailer. Comes with a small dispaly, solar powered to recharge an internal battery or 12v cord, either/or. Shows all four tires at the same time, all the time. I can see the display and not have to use the phone. The caps screw on, I remove the batteries when not in use. I set the pressures, then screw on the caps. I monitor the psi and temps as we travel. I probably watch too much. OCD. I like it because it does the job I need and was less than half as much money as the other systems. Well over a year now, no failures. When they were used on rubber stems, I placed a thick hard rubber bumper (about 1/4" thick) between the wheel and the sensor with 3M VHB tape. That provided a "wedge" of sorts so the stem didn't bend over while rotating. I have metal stems now.

Javi- these have a locking nut that tightens up behind the sensor to lock them in place. Comes with a special wrench that reaches in behind the sensor to tighten/loosen them.

I was interested when you gave a description but it said application was for trailer 25' or less. My 5th wheel is 28' and my truck is about as long as there is for a 1 ton.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote