View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #34
rlh1957

After the tread and belts separate like that it’s difficult to totally be sure of an underlying issue.
Under or over inflation can lead to unusual performance and failures.
Let’s say I turn short and one tire hits a curb, or I drop a tire off the pavement on a sharp curve.
I stop and look at it, but only see a tire sidewall scrubbed. Next day I check tire pressure and visually inspect tires and undercarriage not seeing anything unusual to my untrained eyes.
Another 500 miles I didn’t notice anything, maybe I overlooked it also.
Then a blow out on tires with less than 1200 miles on them. And no country of manf has nothing to do with tires getting unusual treatment.
After examining the remaining separated tread by tire shop they see inside tread had been wearing heavy and began tire failure scenario.
Changing tire was not enough, I would have eat up another tire.
Sometimes a seemingly gentle curb bump or rough hole can warp a rim, put unusual side load on the bearings and get them out of round, or bend axle just enough to gave one tire not track straight, wearing more, heating more as it drags slightly.
Running at or near max or over gross just accelerates the issue.
A professional can spot axle, rim or bearing issues. I could not. Bent axle ended up the ultimate culprit in my tire failure.
An axle or bearing out of alignment from factory could lead to tires blowing.
My words come from “been there, done that” experience.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote