View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T

It appears the Sailun S637T ST235/80R16 is a good contender and I think I am leaning towards them based on the advice of the forum.

Insurance claim is filed and appointment set to get it in for repair. Next, to get some new tires order.

I put 5 new Sailuns of the size you mention above on my 2020 MHC. I can give you a short term assessment; approx. 3k miles on them. They are LRG. Considerably heavier than the Ranier tires I pulled off before leaving the lot (LRF). Stiff and appear tough. I have a lot of confidence in them. I will add a couple of comments/observations;

I have no concerns whatsoever about the tires, very confidence instilling. They are STIFF. My trailer gvw os 14,5xx. I didn't have time to weigh it before we left but it should be in the realm of 13k or so if the dry weight is anywhere close. The LRG tires carry much more weight than what my trailer is, especially if you discount the pin weight (I don't). Even at full gvw the tires are overkill....but I like that. But, they are stiff; did I say that? My other trailer at 10k gvw and LRD tires and MorRyde suspension just "rolled, floated" over road bumps etc. I heard the big bump from the stiff truck suspension then the trailer just sort of "floated" along behind and made no discernible noise or feel. Not so with these. I aired them down to 100psi for the return trip and when I hit expansion joints etc. I feel and hear it with the hard truck tires and then I feel the same impact from the trailer tires unlike before. Not a bad thing. Causes no problems or issues; they're just stiff and probably still a little too much pressure....but I love the things. At this point I wouldn't change them for any other brand.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote