View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #24
wiredgeorge

I believe one possible reason that some brands of ST tires never get bad comments in RV forums is that no one has heard of them or uses them. I looked up ST tires in my camper's approximate size (15" rim) and Trailer King RST ST225/75R15 was the Walmart "Best Seller". Stands to reason more them are out there and more people will experience failures if for no other reason is that they are used as OEM tires and a popular replacement. If you start scrolling through the more than 50 pages of tires in my approximate size (I didn't) you will see there are dozens and dozens of off brand tires that no one has ever reviewed negatively probably because they don't sell many. Just a theory. I am also not claiming Trailer Kings are good tires. I have owned ONE Trailer King; it was on the spare tire rim mounted on my current trailer rear bumper and developed a "knot" and one day just blew up with rubber all over the place with the tire mounted to the carrier and had never been used by the look of it. Not sure how old it was but it obviously had not seen use. BANG.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=trailer%20tires
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote