View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #35
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoned View Post
And??? At more than 65 you are already exceeding what the trailer was built to. At 80 you might as well be on solid rubber as there will no give with the somewhat light load since D was deemed sufficient when the unit was built.

You need to go back and read the thread. Viet Vet's trailer weighs more than my previous trailer. LRD tires were "deemed sufficient" for it as well.... and cost 7k. I upgraded to LRE. RVIA came out with revised guidelines that mandate LRE tires for what Viet Vet has as has been noted in the thread.

Not sure where you are getting your "thoughts" on what is/isn't/was/wasn't sufficient but you are wrong. Because it was on the placard prior to the new RVIA recommendations doesn't say that it was "right"...it was wrong and they knew it. It has been corrected.

80psi vs 65psi (LRE vs LRD) on a 10k+ trailer? A "light load"? Not hardly. Running the LRD vs LRE as I have on that size trailer? The LRD is not up to the job and the trailer "moved" all over the place and I had doors fall off, drawers open etc. The LRE tires stopped that. The trailer was smooth when watching in the mirrors. And, the TV had much less pull back and forth. So "on solid rubber" not hardly. A great improvement? Absolutely.

Have you gone that route and btdt speaking from experience or just.....?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote