View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #54
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
Which detail did I leave out? I built my airplane and I am the one that certifies it safe to fly. Yes a inspector looks at it when it is completed but he is not the one that certifies it safe, he could not care less if you take a tin can and make it fly it is up to me to make sure that tin can is safe. I do that by writing a statement in my log book that I certify this aircraft is safe. I have the repairman's certificate and can do all the work on my aircraft. I only bring this up because of the absurdity of saying someone cannot make a change on their vehicle to make it safer, we all know that the trailer manufacturers use the cheapest products they can find from tires to axles to electronics etc..
I think you are missing the point. You certified it "safe" and someone who was obviously qualified and certified agreed that it was "safe". Was this "homebuilt" certified to take up passengers or was it classed as "experimental"? Was the aircraft built from a kit, plans, or was it solely your design/build?

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. JMHO
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote