View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
Pappydude

Lightbulb

In the bedroom where the cable inputs are - there is a looped cable - one of those loops must be unhooked and the "blank spot" gets hooked to your satellite input and to your satellite receiver. On my 318SAB the one on the right is uscrewed and a cable goes from there to my receiver . Then another cable from the receiver to the TV. Make sure the power booster is in the "off" position. However, this will only bring satellite from the "prep" connection - to the bedroom TV. Stupid design.......if you want satellite in the living room leave it connected the way it came - problem is, whatever channel you're watching in the bedroom is what you'll be watching in the living room! To get around that, I connect the bedroom satellite to it's own receiver and use another receiver in the living room. I run the cable from the dish outside (portable) through the rubber flap on the side of the slideout - and to the living room receiver "in from satellite". Then another cable goes from the receiver from the "out to TV" using the cable it came with. You don't need the wall connection Keystone installed. If I was mechanically inclined and knew what I was going to prevent even the slightest leak, I'd wire one in as previously mentioned.
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote